- Back to Home »
- JOIN US! APPLY NOW!
Posted by : Unknown Sunday, 28 July 2013
VANITY Blog is currently looking for passionate youths to be a part of our blog page's Editorial Board!
We use the stories and experiences of immigrant and refugee youths in Vancouver to inspire other young people who just newly arrived in Canada. Through blogging, not only do we hope to help other high school students to adjust to their new Canadian life, we also wish to have a stronger network and tight-knit community of young immigrants in Vancouver.
We are living in the world where people from completely opposite sides of the world are able to speak in real time. Through the power of internet, it is so much easier to exchange ideas no matter where we are in the world! Our plan is to build a website where immigrant youths in Vancouver could share their migration experience and their feelings as they live their everyday lives here in Canada. Through their blog posts, we hope to give newcomer youths a picture of what student life in this country looks like. We hope to give them tips, advices, and words of encouragement as they gradually cope with the changes that they encounter in this new country.
Because Vancouver Immigrant Youth Blog hopes to be a collective voice of the youth of today, we would love to have our group be driven by young minds!
As an editorial board member of our blog, you will be of a part of a group who will be chiefly responsible in developing, managing, and improving our blog website. You will be constantly working with other 5-7 students to guarantee that our blog site remains appealing to young audiences, make sure that each blog post published is exciting to read, and see to it that our site becomes known by numerous students who are just starting to settle in their new lives here in Canada. This could involve having a group meeting once a month, holding weekly Skype and Facebook conversations to update each other, and having an exclusive access to our blog account.
In shorter terms, this position would allow you to become a member of our blog’s main team who will primarily be responsible in running our blog page!
Skills & Experience
· *current high school student
· *comfortable in sharing his/her migration experience
· *passionate about inspiring other youths
· *interested in using social media as a tool to promote diversity
· *love for writing (whether in English or in your own language!)
· *open-minded and imaginative
Benefits and Recognition
· Valuable learning experience
· Opportunity to meet new friends
· Reference letters
· Free bus tickets and admission tickets to youth events in Vancouver
· Regularly discuss with other members of the Editorial board on the updates of the blog site
· Review the content of blog posts from other contributors
· Ensure that our site is free of offensive content
· Brainstorm ideas to further improve the appeal and effectiveness of the site
· Think of ways on how to further promote our site in order to have solid visitors and readers
· 3-6 hours per week (flexible hours, most of this involves working online through e-mail or Skype)
· able to attend meetings for two hours once every month!
For more information or to apply, please click this google doc:
Or please contact: