Posted by : VANITY Blog Friday, 11 September 2015
We are currently looking for talented immigrant youth and refugee youth to join our team! If you want to get invovled in your community, this is an awesome opportunity to make a difference! The full posting is below. If you have any questions, e-mail us at email@example.com
Organization: Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog
We use the stories and experiences of immigrant and refugee youth in Vancouver to inspire other young people who just newly arrived in Canada. We help newcomer youth through three main ways: maintaining a blog website for newcomer youth, organizing events for youth immigrants, and interacting with youth immigrants through social media.
As an executive board member of VANITY blog, you will be a part of a group who will be chiefly responsible in developing, managing, and improving our blog website. You will be constantly working with other 6-8 students to guarantee that our blog site remains appealing to young audiences, make sure that each blog post published is exciting to read, and see to it that our site becomes known by numerous students who are just starting to settle in their new lives here in Canada. This could involve having a group meeting once a month, holding weekly Skype and Facebook conversations to update each other, and having an exclusive access to our blog account.
Aside from being a blog site, VANITY Blog is also known for building communities through conducting workshops, organizing events, and reaching out to youth through our social media channels.
So if you are a refugee, immigrant, and/or a newcomer youth, DO NOT HESITATE TO APPLY TO BE A PART OF OUR EXECUTIVE BOARD!
Currently we are looking for people for the following positions:
· Event Management Officers (Openings: 3)
· Social Media Managers (Openings: 2)
· School Ambassadors (Openings: 4)
· Media Director (Opening: 1)
· Refugee, immigrant, or newcomer youth (15-24 years old)
· comfortable in sharing his/her migration experience
· passionate about inspiring other youth
· Can balance studies and extra-curricular activities
· interested in using social media as a tool to promote diversity
· love for writing (whether in English or in your own language!)
*These are just general qualifications. Specific positions require different respective qualifications. Please go to http://bit.ly/vanityblogpositions to check out the available positions and the position-specific requirements.
Benefits and Recognition
· Valuable learning experience
· Skill building: team collaboration, networking, project management, etc.
· Opportunity to meet new friends
· Reference letters
· Free tickets to youth events in Vancouver
Approximate Position Start Date
September 25, 2015
10 months (September 2015 to June 2016)
· *3-6 hours per week (flexible hours, most of this involves working online through e-mail or Skype)
· *able to attend meetings for two hours once every month!
To apply, please go to: http://bit.ly/vanityblogapply