Posted by : Unknown Friday 29 November 2013

Behind every beautiful life, there is some kind of pain.


(source)



I have reached the phase where I think everything is unfair. I'm sure everyone has experienced this at least once in their life. Everything seems to be antagonizing us. That even though we're working our backs out there, it never pays off and what's  worse is those who seem not to deserve it get the pot of gold.

Now, I realize that life will never ever be fair. Life is different to everyone. We must stop comparing ourselves to others if we want to feel content  of what we have done. Sure, good things happen to others even though they don't seem to deserve it, but we only know their story not their journey.  

I have always been jealous  of others, or rather felt betrayed by life. I'm not talking about materialistic jealousies because honest to god, I don't care about having the finest bags, shoes or clothes in life. What I'm contemplating about is, how come I, who went through so much hardships, never get rewarded? Nor even get a rest?

I've been thinking about why those  people who  don’t even burn a sweat from what they do are the ones who still win the treasure chest? Why is my life at constant downs?

Why is life so unfair for me? Then it hit me. Life isn't about fair and equality, because no one gets to decide what's fair and equal. It only depends on how we see things happen.

I was not giving enough credit to myself. All I've been trying to see is the big reward while the reality is, the journey and what have I become is what matters. Sure there is sadness in our journey, but there is also lots of beauty. We just tend to overlook it so we think of our life as unfair.

We must learn not to compare our achievements with others' because everyone is different from one another. Sounds cliche but this is often what people forget.


So whenever I  feel hurt or exhausted by everything, I pause for a moment and take in what's happening around. I think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to think, to breathe, to enjoy, and to chase the things you love.


- ANOYMEH
       “Once bitten, twice shy” – G. Northall

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Powered by Blogger.

TRANSLATE THIS PAGE

WHO ARE WE?

Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog is an online space made for youth, by youth. Here, you will find stories and experiences written by youth immigrants who once felt how challenging it was to be a newcomer in Vancouver. If you are a newcomer in Vancouver (or anywhere in Canada), we hope to give you all the resources you need to feel comfortable in this country. We hope to give you tips and advices on how we adjusted to our lives here as youth immigrants. Through this site, we want to empower you to bring out your full potential.

PARTNERS

PARTNERS

POPULAR POSTS

BLOG ARCHIVE

- Copyright © Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -