Posted by : Unknown Friday 29 November 2013




"New is always better" 



I've heard this line from a TV show and my first reaction was "What? are you serious? That's a very wrong philosophy in life" Turns out, I ended up changing my mind.

If we think about it, we will probably reach a
 consensus: new is never always better. Just think about the development of new technology. Pollution is all over the world and human beings are always inventing new machines that have indeterminable outcome. 

But the thing we're
not seeing here is, our mistake or the past itself is highlighted by the "new" that we created. Even though the "new" isn't better, we learn that it's not a better replacement ergo it’s a "better" for we learn something from it. Was I clear on what I'm saying? 

Let me give you
an example, say you have the new PlayStation (PS) 3 but a newer PS4 came out. Of course, PlayStation® will always say that the newest PS system is way better in terms of quality than the previous one. So as a keen player, you bought it. Then voila! You realize that they’re exactly the same. And you can even notice that in some ways, your PS3 is actually better than the PS4 that you just bought. Still, even though the new console is bad, it's actually better that it happened because you found about it and maybe you can give a heads up to your friends. It's like a "learn from your mistakes" kind of thing.

When I first got here in Canada I thought to myself, "I'm in a completely new place, which means new faces, new experiences.. everything is a 'first'  again." I'm a person that dislikes
first experiences, simply because it makes me anxious. I don't like doing it by myself alone, at least if I saw someone do it I guess I would know my way into it when it's my turn.  

Though these
 new things and experiences made me scared, it only made me better in the end.
I learned that, the thrill you feel when you do something for the first time is actually fulfilling and achieving. 

New things and changes will scare you, but no matter what outcome happens from it, it will always make you better.




-ANONYMEH

       “don’t let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life” – anon.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Powered by Blogger.

TRANSLATE THIS PAGE

WHO ARE WE?

Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog is an online space made for youth, by youth. Here, you will find stories and experiences written by youth immigrants who once felt how challenging it was to be a newcomer in Vancouver. If you are a newcomer in Vancouver (or anywhere in Canada), we hope to give you all the resources you need to feel comfortable in this country. We hope to give you tips and advices on how we adjusted to our lives here as youth immigrants. Through this site, we want to empower you to bring out your full potential.

PARTNERS

PARTNERS

POPULAR POSTS

BLOG ARCHIVE

- Copyright © Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -