Posted by : Unknown Thursday 27 November 2014

I know Canadian Thanksgiving is long over but hey, who said giving thanks should only be done during October. Since the year is about to come to an end (not really, we still have 34 days), I want us to get thinking on what we are thankful for, even the smallest things.  Sometimes the smallest things are the ones we often overlook. Simply because we think they’re doing their normal jobs so here we are thinking it’s no big deal. But let’s stop for a second and think how grateful we should really be because, well.. just because.  So today I’m going to be like Jimmy Fallon and list my thank you notes!

 

Thank you Earphones for helping me avoid people who want to chat me up when I don’t feel like talking to them. Thank you also for being a great accomplice when I want to eavesdrop on people and they’d think I am listening to music when I’m really not!
 
(source: www.picnapic.com/happiness-is-the-cold-side-of-the-pillow)

Thank you the cold side of the pillow for making me feel like I am lying on a changed pillow sheet and so I can sleep more comfortably and not think about the dead skin cells that are disposed on my pillow. 


(source: www.howtogeek.com/106643/how-to-type-faster-with-the-swype-keyboard-for-android)

Thank you swipe keyboard for making my life easier, lazier, and making the people I text think I’m illiterate at the same time.  Sometimes you work and sometimes you don’t so I’m really not sure whether to thank you at all; nevertheless, you save me at least 3.5 seconds every time I type.


Thank you hair ties for being the da real mvp when it comes to bad hair days, those days when you don’t know what to do with your hair and you have something you need to look presentable for. Thank you being a nice looking bracelet too. Makes me achieve the emo look I always wanted when I was thirteen.

 

Lastly, Thank you for me family and friends for being there, feeding me,  and supporting me throughout these years of my life. We have a love and hate relationship and I just want you to know that I appreciate it all. I know I don’t say this a lot, but I am thankful. If ever I look like I’m being ungrateful, I just don’t know how to say thank you, the right way. I don’t want to waste the genuineness of the words “thank you” and so I often find myself being speechless with all the help you've given me. I want to say thank you and make you feel happy that you've helped a human being. So... a big thank you from me!





- Anonymeh
            “’I've got to be the very best”
                           ­Ash, The Pokemon catcher/trainer who never grows up




 





Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Powered by Blogger.

TRANSLATE THIS PAGE

WHO ARE WE?

Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog is an online space made for youth, by youth. Here, you will find stories and experiences written by youth immigrants who once felt how challenging it was to be a newcomer in Vancouver. If you are a newcomer in Vancouver (or anywhere in Canada), we hope to give you all the resources you need to feel comfortable in this country. We hope to give you tips and advices on how we adjusted to our lives here as youth immigrants. Through this site, we want to empower you to bring out your full potential.

PARTNERS

PARTNERS

POPULAR POSTS

BLOG ARCHIVE

- Copyright © Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -