Posted by : Unknown Monday 23 December 2013



Hello fellow Homo sapiens! I, a self-proclaimed person who has a good taste in music, want to share my Christmas playlist!

These are the songs that I play when it’s December or at the Christmas dinner (That’s right, I’m the DJ in the house). It is a mixture of different genres: from up-beat to classic and of course to blues #foreveralone


Did I just use a hash tag? Anyways, let’s get to the playlist. In no particular order of favoritism, here it goes:


10. Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee


No one can resist this classic song. And thanks to the commercial of JOE, this song is stuck in my head. It is catchy and we know what catchy songs do to us... ROCKIN’ around the Christmas tree...the bathroom, the kitchen and even on the sidewalk.

9. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) by Nat King Cole



Aaah ... Nat King Cole. His Christmas songs are the ones that make you want to sit on a sofa with all lights dimmed, have a coffee and be nostalgic about life. Play this song if you have your grandparents in the house...they’ll love it.

8. Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas by Frank Sinatra



Like fellow Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra is one of the best crooners of not just Christmas but of all time. Can you imagine how sad this song really sounds? Just read the title. Anyways, there are covers of this song which I really like such as Christina Aguilera’s and Judy Garland’s

7. All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey



I’m pretty sure that this is one of the songs that never get old during Christmas. It will be impossible not to hear this song in December, whether in the mall or in your own house.  I memorized the lyrics not because I intended to but, because it’s ridiculously overplayed (Admit it. It goes the same for you). Nevertheless, this up-beat song surely brings out the merry in Christmas.

6. Silent Night by Boyz II Men



The definition of acapella. The classic Silent night is covered by many artists but one thing that remains is its solemn essence. I like this song a lot because it just shuts up all the noise in the world (Pun not intended) you know, when you play it, it lurks in the air and turn everything into a melody to soothe your ear.

5. Baby It’s Cold Outside by Joseph Gordon Levitt and Lady Gaga



WHAT? This exists? Yes! I just found out today as well. I was looking for Zoey and Will’s version but this showed up. After I played it, sorry folks, but this is now my favourite version. It is adorable how they switching the role making the boy who wants to go because of fear his parents might scold him!


4. Little Drummer Boy by Harry Simeone Chorale



Let’s admit it, we don’t really know the other lyrics to this song aside from the RA-PU-PUM-PUM bit. No? Okay it’s just me then. This one is probably one of my favourite Christmas songs sung by a chorale. And thanks to Peter Griffin for staining the memory of this song (If you don’t know what I’m saying google Family Guy’s version of this song)


3. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by Bruce Springsteen



OH you better watch out you better not cry! You better not pout I’m telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town. 1) You sang this while reading it and 2) This is mostly the part where you know the lyrics. I LOVE this song.  It has the u-beat rhythm that makes you sing along no matter where you are or even if you’re sad. (‘Cause Santa is coming ;))

2. Ave Maria

I did not put any artist because there are a lot of varieties of Ave Maria (Personally, I like Pavarotti’s) This song is played in a lot of occasions Christmas, funerals or even weddings. Nevertheless, Hail the Holy Mother Mary.


1. O Holy Night by Christina Aguilera




I know I said this list is in no order of favoritism but, this one has to occupy the first place. Fall on your knees indeed, this song gives goose bumps.  Regardless of who the singer is, I love this song or should I say poem. This truly captures the soul of Christmas. Everyone is united and adores the Holy Night.

So that’s it! I tried to make it even with blues, classic and up-beat! Hope you enjoyed the list!
Happy Holidays everybody!



­-Anonymeh
­       “Geronimo”
               - The Doctor






Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Powered by Blogger.

TRANSLATE THIS PAGE

WHO ARE WE?

Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog is an online space made for youth, by youth. Here, you will find stories and experiences written by youth immigrants who once felt how challenging it was to be a newcomer in Vancouver. If you are a newcomer in Vancouver (or anywhere in Canada), we hope to give you all the resources you need to feel comfortable in this country. We hope to give you tips and advices on how we adjusted to our lives here as youth immigrants. Through this site, we want to empower you to bring out your full potential.

PARTNERS

PARTNERS

POPULAR POSTS

BLOG ARCHIVE

- Copyright © Vancouver Immigrant Youth (VANITY) Blog -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -